WHEREAS, through a cooperative partnership between the Village of Mamaroneck Board, staff and Village residents, the Marine Education Center at Harbor Island Park was established and opened in 2013; and
WHEREAS, it has been determined that assistance is needed in the day to day operation, as well as the fundraising and public relations needs of the Marine Education Center; and
WHEREAS, by resolution of August 10, 2015, the Village board of Trustees established the Marine Education Center Advisory Committee to assist with this program and established the following charge:
- Advise on overseeing the day to day operations of the Center;
- Assist in the fundraising efforts of the Center;
- Assist in the public relations efforts of the Center;
- Work with other such local organizations (public and/or private) to identify partnerships and other initiatives to share resources and improve fundraising efforts;
- Recommend to the Board of Trustees alternative governance and organizational structures for the Marine Education Center.