EXPLORER POST 444
PURPOSE OF THE EXPLORER POST:
- To educate the adolescent members of our community in firematics for the possibility of becoming future volunteer firefighters.
- To provide an opportunity for adolescents to become active members of the community in which they live or attend school.
ACTIVITIES OF THE EXPLORER POST:
- Explorer Post members meet twice a month at one of the five firehouses in the Village of Mamaroneck, usually on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7pm.
- Explorers also go on trips to West Point for sporting events, weekend camping trips and attend the annual training seminar for explorers at the Westchester Country Fire Training Center where they participate in various firematic drills. Throughout the summer months, the Explorer Post participates in parades around the county. Explorer Post members are also invited to attend the functions and drills of the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department.
- Explorers assist the Fire Department at their annual Firemen’s Carnival, Chiefs’ Night as well as company drills and fire calls.
- There is, on occasion, opportunities for volunteer work that can be used as community service such as special events in the Village and the Firemen’s Carnival.
- To be eligible for membership, individuals must be residents of the Village of Mamaroneck or attend either the Larchmont-Mamaroneck or Rye Neck school districts.
- Individuals must also be between the ages of 14 and 20 years old.