The Village of Mamaroneck’s Food Scrap Recycling Program, which kicked off in June, is in full swing.
The Food Scrap Recycling Program helps our environment by getting food waste out of the incinerator and recycled into healthy compost for our gardens.
Food Scrap Recycling Kits are available for $20
The following items are for sale as part of the composting program:
- Compostable Bags $2 per roll (25 bags per roll)
- 2 Gallon Kitchen Caddy $7
- 6 Gallon Travel Tote $11
$20 Starter Kits include one of each item above
These items are available for sale at the Village of Mamaroneck DPW office located across from the Recycling Yard (313 Fayette Avenue) between the hours of 7am and 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. (Cash or Check).
You may pay for these items with cash, check or credit card at the Clerk
Treasurer’s Office located at The Regatta, 123 Mamaroneck Avenue between the hours of
- 9 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday from September –June.
- 8:30 am 4:00 pm Monday through Friday July & August
But must pick them up from DPW at 313 Fayette Avenue
Food Scraps can be taken to the Village Recycling Yard
- Monday through Friday between 7 am & 5 pm
- Saturday between 9 am & 1 pm.