The Village of Mamaroneck is delighted, and grateful the Annual Firemen’s Carnival, Parade, and Fireworks Display will return to our community this year. After going on hiatus in 2020, this multiday community event that is organized and sponsored by the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department, is something our residents, businesses and visitors are eagerly anticipating. As we approach these events, the Village of Mamaroneck has put together this Community Announcement to provide residents and the public with important information.
- The Firemen’s Carnival will take place each evening, between 6:45pm and 11:30pm, from Friday, June 25, through Monday, July 5, in Harbor Island Park.
- The Firemen's Parade is scheduled to kick off at 7:00pm on Wednesday, June 30, and travel down Mamaroneck Avenue to Harbor Island Park.
- The Fireworks Display in Harbor Island Park will begin after sunset around 9:15pm/9:30pm on Sunday, July 4. (Rain date is Monday, July 5.)
The New York State Department of Health has put together this Advisory for County Fairs and Local Festivals During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. As positivity rates decrease and more residents become vaccinated, the current COVID-19 Public Health guidance and protocols are evolving, and the Village may make adjustments as necessary.
The Village’s Parks and Recreation Department wants you to know that:
- On regular Carnival operation days (except 06/30 and 07/04), parking fees in Harbor Island Park will end at 6pm.
- On Wednesday, June 30 (Firemen’s Parade), parking fees in Harbor Island Park will end at 5pm.
- On Sunday, July 4 (Fireworks Display), parking fees in Harbor Island Park will end at 4pm.
- On regular carnival operation days (except 06/30 and 07/04), the Stephen E. Johnston Beach will close and the beach gate will be locked at 5pm.
- On Sunday, July 4, the Stephen E. Johnston Beach will be closed all day so that Santore’s World Famous Fireworks can setup the evening’s fireworks display. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- On Sunday, July 4, when the parking lot at Harbor Island Park reaches capacity, it will be closed and vehicles will need to find legal parking on neighboring streets. Please avoid parking in any privately owned lots as vehicles may be booted or towed.
The Marine Education Center is closed on Sunday, July 4, as well as on Monday, July 5.
To prepare for the Firemen’s Parade on June 30 and the Fireworks Display on July 4, the Village’s Harbor Master will close the launching ramp to the East Basin, that is located between the Park's entrance and the Marine Education Center, during the following dates and times:
- From 11pm on Tuesday, June 29, to 11pm, on Wednesday, June 30.
- From 6:30pm, on Sunday, July 4, to 11pm (after the Fireworks Display) on Sunday, July 4.
On Wednesday, June 30, the Village’s Police Department will begin shutting down Mamaroneck Avenue to vehicle traffic at 6pm. All streets with egress to Mamaroneck Avenue will be closed (except for residents/business patrons). This includes:
- Gertrude Ave from Ralph Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- New Street from Ralph Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Grand Street from Madison St to Mamaroneck Ave
- Old White Plains Rd at Mamaroneck Ave
- Waverly Ave from Plaza Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Hoyt Ave from Fenimore Rd to Mamaroneck Ave
- Mt. Pleasant Ave from Stanley Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Palmer Ave from Mt Pleasant Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Prospect Ave from Library Lane to Mamaroneck Ave
- Nostrand Ave from Lester Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Jefferson Ave Ext at Mamaroneck Ave
- Van Ranst Pl at Mamaroneck Ave
- Halstead Ave from Ward Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
- Spencer Place from Philips Park Rd to Mamaroneck Ave
- East Prospect Ave from Tompkins Ave to Mamaroneck Ave
Mamaroneck Avenue will then be closed from North Barry Avenue to the Boston Post Road until the end of the parade (approximately 9pm).
On Sunday, July 4:
- Mamaroneck Ave is closed between Boston Post Road and Prospect Ave from approximately 6pm until the conclusion of the fireworks/dispersal of attendees (approximately 11pm).
- Vehicles will not be allowed to double park on Boston Post Road to view the fireworks.
No Live Music at the Fireworks Display this year:
Due to the difficulty of maintaining social distancing at indoor orchestra rehearsals, the St. Thomas Orchestra will unfortunately not be performing at this year’s Fireworks Display. Since 2013, the Village of Mamaroneck has partnered with the St. Thomas Orchestra to provide a lovely outdoor concert prior to and during the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department’s Fireworks Display. While we are delighted to welcome back the Fireworks Display to Harbor Island Park, we are sorry to be missing St. Thomas Orchestra’s live performance of Tchaikovsky’s "1812 Overture" — a staple of many Independence Day fireworks displays. This decision was not made easily, and we are greatly sorry to the community and our friends at the St. Thomas Orchestra. We encourage you to find out about their upcoming performances and more by visiting the St. Thomas Orchestra website at www.storchestra.org.
Please note that driving in and around the Village and parking will be difficult during this time — especially on Wednesday, June 30, and Sunday, July 4. Our thanks to the Village of Mamaroneck’s Police Department – together with their partners from the Westchester County Department of Public Safety – who will be on hand to provide a safe experience for all. As always, please be mindful when parking in front of neighbors' homes. Residents who have guests staying in their homes and visiting Mamaroneck during these dates should remind their guests to avoid blocking fire hydrants, driveways, or walkways.
Also, remember that in observance of the Independence Day holiday, all Village offices are closed on Monday, July 5. Residents are reminded that there will also be no garbage, organic, rubbish, or recycling collection on Monday, July 5. The Recycling Center — including the Compost Drop-Off Program — at 313 Fayette Avenue and the Marine Education Center at Harbor Island Park is closed. The Village of Mamaroneck Day Camp (VMDC) at Harbor Island Park is also closed on Monday, July 5.
In the event the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department cancels the Fireworks Display on Sunday, July 4, because of inclement weather (or other reasons), the “rain date” for the Fireworks Display is Monday, July 5. Any above reference to the Fireworks Display on Sunday, July 4, would then switch to Monday, July 5.
THANK YOU to all Village of Mamaroneck residents for their patience and understanding as we prepare for these events. While every effort was made to include relevant information at the time this Community Announcement was made, please note that changes and/or new developments can happen. For up-to-date information on this and other announcements, please visit: www.village.mamaroneck.ny.us.