The Village of Mamaroneck Parks and Recreation Department is proud to present the Village of Mamaroneck Day Camp (VMDC) for the 2021 season. As the current COVID-19 pandemic continues to improve, the Village will adhere to the most up to date requirements/guidance provided by the Westchester County Department of Health (WCDOH). VMDC at Harbor Island Park will operate from June 28th to August 6th, Monday through Friday, between 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m. (there will be no camp on Monday, July 5th in honor of the observed holiday). Camp registration is open to children age four (by the start of camp season) to teens who will be entering 9th grade in the fall of 2021.
Registration opens to Village of Mamaroneck residents on Monday, March 15, 2021.
Registration opens to non-Village of Mamaroneck residents on Monday, March 29, 2021.
The Parks and Recreation Department have been working with WCDOH and other municipalities to determine how to best achieve the traditional VMDC experience, while also prioritizing the safety and health of campers and staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To help make VMDC 2021 as safe as possible, the following guidelines and practices will be in place:
- Camp Enrollment will be capped at 270 campers. (The typical maximum is between 310-320 campers). Registration is on a first come, first serve basis, with priority registration given to residents of the Village of Mamaroneck. Please bear in mind that registration may close before the non-resident registration period opens.
- Field trips and off-site visits are CANCELLED. For the safety of the campers and staff, ALL activities will be on-site at Harbor Island Park. In lieu of field trips, VMDC will host various performances and special events for the campers.
- Due to health guidelines from WCDOH and staffing requirements, the early morning and extended day programs are CANCELLED.
- The splash pad at the Stephen E. Johnston Beach will open exclusively to campers on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The splash pad will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. All aquatic/swimming programs will take place at the Stephen E. Johnston Beach and splash pad. Visits to Hommocks Pool and Westchester County pool facilities are CANCELLED.
- The Village of Mamaroneck maintains a comprehensive NO refund policy for day camp. This includes any cancellation of camp due to quarantining or excessive inclement weather.
- In the event of excessive inclement weather, camp will be cancelled for the entire day. A delayed start may occur for days that are forecasted to have morning rain. Early dismissal may occur if heavy rain begins in the afternoon.
As the Parks and Recreation Department budgets for the 2021 season, please be aware that additional expenses for COVID-19 precautions and supplies are necessary. As a result, discounts such as early bird and sibling have been suspended for the 2021 season. The Recreation Department is currently scheduling interviews with prospective counselors. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for a seasonal position in the Parks and Recreation Department, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recreation Department at (914) 777-7784 or email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. VMDC looks forward to seeing you this year at camp!